Henry Crispin

Our business started in 1923 when Henry Crispin and his eldest son George began a motor repair and a taxi service business at Ellerhayes, Hele. After George married they moved the business to Fore Street ,Bradninch, where they continued repairing cars and the taxi service and also opened a shop selling bicycles and toys which was run by George's wife Annie. As the business was growing Henry's younger son William joined the firm before he joined the army in World War II but unfortunately he didn't return to the family business as he died in a POW Camp in Poland.

Crispins shop and garage

Henry and George continued the business where they were joined by George's sons Tony and Colin. After Henry died the business was moved to Hen Street in Bradninch and the shop was closed leaving them to concentrate on repairs and driving. After George died Tony ran the business until he was forced to retire due to ill health in 1992.

This is when Colin and his son Robert took over the business and have since added to the fleet of cars. They continue to deliver the same professional service and caring manner as Henry and George did when they started the business in 1923.